Friday, January 4, 2008
I've been tagged by Lisa Sarsfield of 365 Project. Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well, here goes....
1. The only dress shirts I'll wear are Brooks' Brothers classic fit, non-iron. If they have French cuffs, even better. Unfortunately, they haven't had a great line of colors or preferred fit lately, so I may have to find a new supplier.
2. I'm a popcorn snob. Only Orville Redenbacher's will do. And none of that awful microwave stuff. Air popped is fine. Stove popped is best. (I'm not very good at the latter, so I usually do the former.) Oh, and only real butter to top it all off is permissible. None of that yucky margarine/oleo stuff. And no flavored salts. Just straight up, as God-intended-it salt. Thank you very much.
3. I make the world's best oatmeal. Ever. People who hate oatmeal are converted when they eat my oatmeal. It's so good, I call it "World Famous in Poland Oatmeal"--a direct homage to one of my favorite Mel Brook's films, To Be or Not To Be.
4. When introducing myself to new people this year, my goal is not to tell them where I was educated or what I do professionally or where I live or who I'm voting for in the upcoming presidential elections--standard fare in this town--but rather to tell them three characteristics about me. "Hi. I'm Janet and I'm kind, responsible, and generally well-mannered."
5. I only hear in one ear: my right ear. As a result, I tend to walk on the left side of all my friends and family members. I also prefer being the driver, otherwise, I can't hear well enough to carry on a conversation.
I can't think of anyone to tag, since this blog is very new and my readership is still pretty small. That said, though, if you're reading this blog and you'd like to participate, follow the rules and let me know.