Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snapshots of Fall

Rustling : Sylvia and MoBob : Middletown, MD

The weekend before last (October 18), my friend Sylvia, her husband MoBob, and I hopped in the car and drove an hour and some north of Washington, D.C., to Middletown, Boonsboro, and Antietam/Sharpsburg, Maryland, for a day of fall colors, Civil War battlefields, and apple stands. You may recall, that's where I met Terry Doyle. We also hooked up with Bernie of Middletown Daily Photo. Today's pictures are just a few of the many from that day. I'll feature more tomorrow on this blog and on my overflow blog, Standing Room Only.

For now, though, here are a few snapshots of fall.

Gold-leafing : Main Street : Middletown, MD

Variegated : Middletown Park : Middletown, MD

If that church in the background (below) looks familiar, you've probably seen it here, here, here, and here! It's hard to miss when you're driving through or living in Middletown. More tomorrow!

Scarecrows on Main : Middletown, MD

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 10/08

5 comments:

Virginia said...

I feel like Andy and Barney should come strolling down the street any minute! Great shots.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh yay! Autumn! I will never tire of Autumn.

Congrats on your award!

Maya said...

All great shots, but I love the one with the legs walking through the leaves. It has a nice feel to it! I also love the light in the two leaf shots.

Janet Kincaid said...

VJ: Hey, I think we saw them! Seriously, though. It's so nice to get out of the city and be in the country in very little time. (Although, according to Bernie, Boonsboro use to be an enclave for the KKK. That wasn't so cool.) :-(


Lisa: It's beautiful, isn't it? And thank.


Maya: I like the walking through leaves one, too. I took it on a whim and it turned out a lot better than I expected. I just hope Sylvia and MoBob like it!

Greyhound Girl said...

what beautiful place-- and such a glorious traditional fall!