Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fiery

Clouds on fire


MPD Dispatch Tower and Moon at Sunset


Silhouetted tree and sunset clouds

Last night, I looked out the window and realized we were about to have a really great sunset. When you live in an urban setting, it's often a challenge to find a vantage point that will allow you to capture nature's fireworks. Still, I managed. I literally ran out to the car, jumped in, and sped off to Fort Stevens Park--about five blocks from where I live. On the way, I managed to get off a few shots of the sun setting the clouds on fire. When I arrived at Fort Stevens, I happened to look behind and noticed not only was the sun making the clouds a lovely pink-orange color, but the moon was up. Here are a few shots of Sunday's sunset.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 3/08

3 comments:

b.c. said...

thanks for that beautiful sunset!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love the tree and sunset photo! Isn't awesome when we are able to just jump up and go when the mood takes us? It's such a peaceful feeling to allow yourself to be soaked up and inspired by the setting sun. Thanks for sharing:)

Janet Kincaid said...

B.C.: You're welcome! Thank you for stopping by.

Lisa: I was totally thinking of you as I was taking these pictures! Too often, I let the fact that I live in an urban setting persuade me that there's no way to take pictures of sunrises or sunsets here. Which is a lie, of course! Still, I miss living near the beach and enjoying the beautiful sunsets and sunrises that come with unobstructed horizons.