Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Night Lights

Park benches in West Potomac Park

I've been figuring out how to take pictures at night without using a flash and with the aid of a tripod. It's been a blast. Tonight, on my way home from my parents, I went on a little night safari. I took pictures of everything ranging from the Capitol to planes taking off and landing at Washington National Airport. This picture of park benches in West Potomac Park across from the Jefferson Memorial is one of my favorites from tonight's shoot. I'll post others over the next few days.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 12/07

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way the green grass shows up under the lights!

Anonymous said...

Sandollar: That's funny! I hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. Good eye!

-K- said...

Nice mood to this.

I'd be lost without a tripod and without a 2 or 10-second timer to let the vibrations settle.

Anonymous said...

K: Wow! Thank you! I love your night shots. In fact, when the wind dies down and the temperatures gets back up above 30 degrees, I'm going to go out and take night shots in some alleys around here using your images as inspiration.

And yes, a tripod and a timer are absolute must-haves!

Thanks for dropping in.