Saturday, July 21, 2007

Colorful


I finally got sick and tired of my everyday dinnerware, so I bought new stuff. For those outside the U.S. (and maybe even those inside), this is Fiesta Ware. Purty, innit it? I'm still waiting for a place setting in "Sunflower" and I've got to pick a tenth color, but I can't decide whether to go with "Tangerine" or "Rose."

The colors here (from bottom to top): Cobalt, Peacock, Turquoise, Plum, Heather, Shamrock, Scarlet, and Persimmon.

The colorful bowl in the center sitting on the dinner plates is a piece I bought at Under One Roof in San Francisco several years ago. UOR is a non-profit that sells donated wares and gifts with all proceeds going to AIDS research. If you're ever in the Bay Area, check it out. The inventory is constantly changing.


Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential (Janet M. Kincaid, 07/07)

No comments: