Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Best Buns

Best Buns Bread Co., 4010 28th Street South, Arlington, VA

Inside Best Buns

Located minutes from downtown is the Arlington County neighborhood of Shirlington, Virginia. The area includes an arthouse cinema, numerous restaurants, retail, and apartment and condominium living. It is also home to WETA 90.1 FM. This morning, my brother called and asked if I'd like to go out at lunchtime to Best Buns Bread Co. I couldn't say no. This is the only bakery in the D.C. area I've found that makes a sourdough loaf comparable in crust, heft, and flavor to what can be found in San Francisco. They also make great scones, cupcakes, muffins, cookies, and sandwiches.

Best Buns is part of the Great American Restaurants' chain in the D.C. area that includes the Carlyle Grand, Mike's American Grill, the Sweetwater Tavern, and Coastal Flats. If you're in the mood for good food, any one of these will satisfy. And if you love key lime pie, Mike's, Sweetwater's, and Coastal's serve the best key lime pie I have ever eaten outside of Florida!

Zip: 22206

P.S. This one is for my friend, Zanne. We waited here for the Gunfighter one Sunday afternoon and the three of us had a lovely time!

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential (Janet M. Kincaid, 07/07)

2 comments:

Gunfighter said...

As soon as I saw that picture, I thought "Yay!, I remember that place!"

Janet Kincaid said...

GF: This is a happy place! I like going here because it reminds me of you and Zanne!