Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Northern New Mexico Confidential

Breakfast at Cafe Pasquales in downtown Santa Fe

I'm folding Santa Fe and Taos and all the little towns and villages in between into one entry: Northern New Mexico.

Church in Las Trampas, NM, on the road to Taos

We went to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum in Santa Fe, but unfortunately the museum prohibits photography, so I have no pictures from there. Trust me, though, when I say we saw some amazing art not only by O'Keefe, but also by Thomas Moran, Thomas Hart Benton, and Edward Hopper, among others.

Peppers and Blue Door in the style of Rothko

On the road to Taos, we passed through the village of Las Trampas, which had a neat church and a traveling nurse from Easton, Maryland, who recommended seeing the Acoma Pueblo. Tomorrow's post will feature pictures from Acoma.

Rugs and Jars in Taos, NM

In the meantime, enjoy these photos and the slideshow from Santa Fe, Las Trampas, and Taos! As with all the photos on my blog, click the images to enlarge and see more detail.



Photo copyright: Janet Kincaid, 04/09

3 comments:

Maya said...

Very nice! The chilies with blue door is my fav.

marley said...

Nice contrast with the door and dried peppers. Vivid!

Janet Kincaid said...

Maya: Thanks! I like that one, too. (Although, I'd like to reshoot it without the wide angle...)


Marley: Fun photo, isn't it?