Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Things Challenge: Window / View

View out the Windows of the Pro Football Hall of Fame

As a result of being on the road and getting home last week, there was no Two Things Challenge last Sunday. This week's challenge was Window / View. I'm using two photos from my recent road trip. The first was taken at the Pro Football Hall of Fame near the beginning of my trip and features a guard sitting by the window looking out over the parking lot and the interstate.

View of Mount Rushmore in the Windows of the Visitors' Center

This second photo was taken at Mount Rushmore, just outside Rapid City, South Dakota, and shows a view of this amazing memorial to four of America's greatest presidents reflected in the windows of the park's visitors' center.

If you'd like to see how others interpreted this challenge or if you'd like to participate, visit Two Things Challenge.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential/Janet Kincaid, 03/09

10 comments:

Cele said...

Oh wow that is an awesome picture of Mount Rushmore.

Maya said...

The guard looks so lonely. That second shot is amazing! What a great interpretation with varying levels of intricacy.

Janet Kincaid said...

Cele: Thank you! I had fun taking it.


Maya: Doesn't he, though? I have other pictures I took of him. I may use one of them as a 100 Strangers shot. As for the Rushmore shot, it's kind of fun, isn't it?

Virginia said...

Both shots are great . Some jobs are more exciting than others right? I like the last one's reflection. You nailed it>
V

Jane Hards Photography said...

Something about the top shot called me. Very '60s socio docu imagery.

marley said...

I got really confused! I posted Window/View last week and Foot/Step this week! Doh! I'll have another bash at Foot/Step next Sunday!

Great view form that window :)

Eeyore said...

I love both of these!

Janet Kincaid said...

VJ: Thanks! And yes, I think some jobs are probably better than others. Although, in this economy, any job is a good job, I suppose.


Babooshka: Interesting. I'm glad this picture was evocative for you.


Marley: You're not confused. We're just a week off because I was on the road and didn't have a chance to post and update 2 Things Challenge while I was away.


Larry: Thanks!

Rob said...

I'm guessing the guard is dreaming of the open road to destinations unknown. I too feel out of sorts like this gentleman appears. Cool reflection shot.

Janet Kincaid said...

Rob: He looked pretty lost in thought. I've had days like that, too. In fact, I'm having a day like that today. Must find the motivation...