Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crocuses

A sure sign of spring...

Crocuses are always a sure sign that spring is on the way. These macro images were just a few of the dozen or so I took of the hundreds of crocuses that were blooming in the middle of a vacant lot on my walk home from the bank yesterday.* I spent about 30 minutes taking various photos of these and really had fun doing it!

Pretty purple...

Here's to spring!

* That would constitute one of the worse run-on sentences I've written in a long time. Sorry!

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 02/09

5 comments:

Maya said...

Wow, impressive photos and run-on sentence! I just love crocuses. These flowers along with Daffodils always remind me that spring is just around the corner. I was walking the 'hood yesterday and saw a few of them poking up through the snow. Yeah!!

marley said...

Fantastic macros and fantastic to see spring! Yay! The crocus are blooming here and the trees are budding up too. At last winter is over :)

Arlene said...

Send some spring our way! We woke up to snow this morning:(

Cele said...

I love crocus.

Janet Kincaid said...

Maya: Thanks! I try. Esp. with the run-on sentences. You should never be half-assed about that! I would love to photograph crocuses poking up through the snow. The juxtaposition is lovely.


Marley: Yay is right! Enough of winter. Bring on spring!


Arlene: Boo snow! Although, you guys probably need it to avoid drought. But, I'll send good, springy thoughts your way.


Cele: Me, too! :-)