Thursday, November 27, 2008

Place Setting

Thanksgiving place setting at my siblings.

I took pictures this afternoon of the place settings my sister used for today's Thanksgiving feast. I had planned to take a food and group shot once we were all seated and eating, but the food was so good, I forgot. Suffice to say, it was a fabulous meal. My brother and sister both pulled off a stunning event and it was fun to share the day with my sister's friends.

We ate lots, laughed lots, and just had a good time. Hope your Thanksgiving was full of warmth and memory-making.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 11/08

5 comments:

Virginia said...

ANd a lovely place setting it was. I appreciate it when someone goes to the trouble of using china, silver etc. Drag out the good stuff for nice occasions. Everyone appreciates it. Glad your brother and sister put on a good spread for the fam/friends!
V

Arlene said...

Bud & Neener rival my mom's Thanksgiving! I would have guessed so - from such a formal & classy family!

Janet Kincaid said...

Virginia: We have our mother to thank for that! She taught us all about formal dining and had to set a lovely table. The holidays for me and my siblings are as much about the celebration itself as they are an acknowledgment of Mom's influence in our lives.


Arlene: Yeah, Neen and Bud do a nice job. Classy is a good word for it. Of course, I've had your mom's Thanksgiving and she also does a lovely meal. I guess she and my mom got that from their mom? When you participate in a meal like that, it feels like a gift, doesn't it?

Maya said...

What a beautiful place setting. I hope you had a good time, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Janet Kincaid said...

Maya: Thanks! I did have a good time. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, too.