Friday, November 7, 2008

Handsome Boy


Yesterday, my housemate had to have her 11-year old Abyssinian, Pogo, the cat I affectionately referred to as The Dirty Bastard Cat, put down. He was diagnosed with lymphoma on Wednesday, took a turn for the worse in the night, and a decision was made to humanely let him go. Even though I claimed not to like cats and while I am an avowed dog person, I learned to love this little guy. I'm going to miss him.


Pogo and his favorite toy ever


Rest in peace, Pogo

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do not like cats either and we have always had dogs. But our daughter moved back home, owing to the economic crisis, and in addition to our granddaughter, she brought along her "Baby Kitty" cat which looks like a Black Panther growing up. He even bit me but after a month I am warming up to him and can see some value in a cat. I never thought I would say that.

I am sorry to learn that this animal had to be put down. Seems like a lot of that problem these days. I wonder if it all can be traced to imported cat food?

Rob said...

Sad to see the passing of one of our 4 legged friends. Cat or dog, they are companions that help us relieve stress.

marley said...

What a shame, he was a lovely looking cat. At least he isn't suffering now.

The Artful Eye said...

Oh, sweet Pogo I hope you meet up with your friends at the rainbow bridge.


So sorry for your loss.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

RIP Pogo. I love cats. Mine is ooooold and I will be sad when she goes:(

USelaine said...

It's so hard when a pet is suffering, and you want to make it better and you can't. Abyssinians are constantly curious and alert, sort of like the Border Collie brains of the feline variety.

Janet Kincaid said...

Abe, Rob, Marley, Maya, Andrea and Elaine: Thank you all for your warm words and kind thoughts. I've passed them along to my housemate and she is grateful. I, too, appreciate it.

Virginia said...

Oh I am so sorry I missed this yesterday. Words can describe how we feel when we lose a much loved pet. Warm thoughts to both of you and sweet Pogo.
V