Sunday, September 28, 2008

Two Things Challenge: Blue / Green

Fenton art glass boots backlit by the
sun
streaming through my dining room blinds

This week's Two Things Challenge was Blue / Green. Since I'm scheduling this post prior to Sunday and as I haven't had time to get out and take a lot of photos this week, I'm culling from my archives. Well, almost. The second photo (below) is new. I took it on Thursday as I was coming home from lunch with a friend. For Blue, I chose a picture of Fenton art glass. These are two glass boots I have in a small collection of four. I liked the way the light was hitting them in the curio cabinet.

Green tree through the rain on the sunroof of my car

For Green, I shot this photo through my car's sunroof. It was raining and I liked the green of the tree's leaves smudged by the rain on the roof. It's sort of unoriginal, though, because I stole a play out of Maya's book this week. Still, I love photos taken through rainy windows. (P.S. For those who know my propensity for photographing while driving, I was stopped at a red light when I took this.)


Close-ups of a mug of pens in my office (Click images to enlarge)

I had a couple of other photos in my archives that I thought were appropriate for this week's theme, so I'm throwing them in just for fun!

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential

13 comments:

Virginia said...

I like all your photos today. VEry very creative. Keep your hands on the wheel!

NG said...

Did you get those boots' permission before taking their photos?

Wha ha ha... I make me laugh.

marley said...

Very colourful. The glass boots are very cool :)

Janet Kincaid said...

Virginia: Thank you! And I made sure it was a long light and I had my foot on the brake before I took pictures!


NG: No, I forgot. But they did threaten by breaking into song... "These boots are made for walking and that's just what we'll do/ One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you...." I backed away real quick after that!


Marley: Thanks! I started my modest collection with a glass boot I inherited from my late grandmother, so these are kind of special to me.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Your archives are equally as beuatiful and beguilling as all your posts. I do hope the street photogrpahy thing has calmed down. Yi have some wonderful photography and I hope you continue to photograph images that reflect your sharp eye.

Rob said...

Colorful entries! Love the blue glass boots. Dang, I missed out this week's challenge. maybe I should go back into my archives in the future.

Virginia said...

I am thrilled that D.L. forgot this week. I am in good company when I forget again. Am I rubbing off on this elite group????

Janet Kincaid said...

Babooshka: I can proudly report that Saturday featured a great deal of photography that included lots and lots of people. Check out tomorrow's entry to see what I did on Saturday!


Rob: We missed you this week on 2TC. Dig through your archives and leave a comment so I can add a link to your interpretation. I have no doubt you have something absolutely stunning in green and blue in your archives!


Virginia: You're rubbing off in the best ways, my dear! ;-)

Maya said...

Wow, I love the light coming through those boots! Beautiful!

Thanks for the shout out. I also am fascinated by the rain drops on my sunroof, but the photos are usually not as good as I hope for. The shots I took in the city were through a glass awning and I was quite taken with the rain on them. I stood there for quite awhile taking photos while people walked by thinking I was crazy!

Maya said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I love the pen shot too! But, of course I would, since I love both pens and vivid colors! ;-)

Janet Kincaid said...

Maya: Thanks! Glad you liked this entry and all it's pretty colors. The same can be said of your choices for this week's challenge. They were fabulous and colorful and whimsical!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I like your blog. It seems to be quite interesting. I have found Bluegreen theme here. I learned about the company from this great site www.pissedconsumer.com. To say the truth I should not have gone there after the numerous negative customers’ feed backs about the company. However, I did the rocky mistake and I regret this greatly.

Janet Kincaid said...

Sharlotte: Thanks for visiting.