Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Richmond: A Series

I've lived in the D.C. area for more than 10 years, but have never been to Richmond, Virginia, until recently. Located about two hours south of Washington on I-95, Richmond is a storied town with conflicted history. It has been the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia since 1780. It was also the national capital of the Confederate States of America from 1861-1865 during the American Civil War.

This series features only a very tiny portion of Richmond and a small part of its colorful history. Over the next three days, in two entries per day, I'll show you the Confederate White House, Hollywood Cemetery, Monument Avenue, and the Virginia State House, as well as one or two other buildings of note or interest I photographed. This series includes the following:

Capital of the Confederacy (06.03)
Confederate Remembrance (06.03)
Monument Avenue (06.04)
Hollywood Cemetery (06.04)
Capital of the Commonwealth (06.05)
Bricks & Mortar (06.05)

I hope you enjoy this minute glimpse of Richmond and I hope to visit again and learn more about this bustling and modern southern city. To see more of Richmond, visit Richmond Daily Photo.

No comments: