Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trinity Religious Temple Church

Trinity Religious Temple Church

Trinity Religious Temple Church (2024 16th St NW) is nestled between several rowhouses on a block of the same shortly after you cross over U Street. Unless you're driving slowly down 16th or on foot, you'll totally miss it. The building is a bit run down and the day I photographed it, the oil man was there delivering a tank of kerosene. Aside from what I observed on the outside, I don't know anything nor could I find any information on the interwebs about this church.

My guess is, it's a break-off of a larger denomination, probably a bit pentecostal or charistmatic in its worship, and very specific in its dogma. But that's just a guess. Aside from the oil man, I've never actually seen anyone go in or come out of this building, so it's all a bit of a mystery really. But then, isn't religion in general?

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 2/08

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

I'll bet there is a whole lotta prayin' goin' on there :)

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

I really (really!) like the fact that it looks like an ordinary house.

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Saturday in DC. The weather here is glorious!

Anonymous said...

Bobbie: Hi! Yeah, I'll bet there is, too. And loudly! :-)

Fenix: Sounds like a lovely day in Boston. Here, it's overcast and suppose to rain, but tomorrow is suppose to be glorious! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Oh, and if you like this one that looks like an ordinary house, when until I post the pictures for the Buddhist organizations on 16th Street! One of them I didn't even realize was a religious sanctuary until I walked up to it.

The Artful Eye said...

Don't you just love these finds.
This is a very colorful, interesting composition of house of prayer and architecture.

Janet Kincaid said...

AE: I do. It's always fun to discover treasures, both right out in the open and in little nooks and crannies!