Tuesday, February 12, 2008

VOTE!

D.C. Residents participating as campaigners and voters in the Chesapeake Primary,
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
at Eugene Meyer Elementary School in Washington, D.C.
(Click on the image to see a larger picture.)

If you live in any of the states having primaries today, VOTE! That's all I'm gonna say.

Okay, that's not all I'm going to say, because I have to give a shout out to Doll, Mark, and Catherine who are up at Eugene Meyer Elementary School today encouraging D.C. citizens to vote. It's 29 degrees outside right now and they're out there urging their neighbors and D.C. residents to exercise one of the most important rights we have in this country: the right to self-determination. The right to vote.

Mark, who told me this year's presidential race has inspired him like none other.
He's not alone in that!

Please, exercise your right to make a difference. Even if you feel like voting in the primaries doesn't matter (or if you live in a federal district or territory where it seems like it doesn't matter), do it anyway.

Thank you!

7 comments:

Bev said...

I'll do my best lol

The Artful Eye said...

I don't live in D.C. but I have family there. VOTE people!!!!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Hey if ya don't vote you had better not gripe when you’re guy/gal doesn’t win! We all know you will… So, just save us all the hassle of putting you in you’re place and get your bum out there and Vote!

Janet Kincaid said...

Bev: Vicarious voting from the former motherland is totally allowed and welcome!

AE: I think today's turn out was pretty impressive and so inspiring. Change seems to be in the air!

Niki: Hear! Hear! If you don't vote, you can't complain later. (Fortunately, I voted, so I don't have to worry about y'all kickin' my butt!) ;-)

Bobbie said...

You have been tagged for a Book Meme. Come to my blog for details :) I'll be back to read and comment later..

b.c. said...

Oh I liked this post very much...

Janet Kincaid said...

B.C.: After reading your blog about the common man yesterday, I thought you might! I really liked that entry. By the way--I really enjoy your blog. Chicago is one of my all-around favorite cities in the U.S.