Saturday, January 12, 2008

Krispy Kreme Triptych

HOT NOW: Krispy Kreme Original Glazed = Ambrosia in a Doughnut

Tonight, I had dinner with my parents and siblings. Afterward, my brother wanted to make a trek to Krispy Kreme out on Route 1 in Alexandria. So, we piled into my car and made the trip to the very first--and for a long time, the only--Krispy Kreme north of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Now, there are franchises all over the country, but in Virginia, this was the first.

Mmmmm. Dooooughnuts.

Note: To view a sharper image, click on the image and it will open in a separate window.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 1/08

5 comments:

Lara said...

mmmmm, that would make my morning coffee a little bit better today!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Way cool:) You've done a good of not capturing your own reflection in the glass too. We don't have krispy Kreme here but it sounds delish! Hope you had one for me:)

Janet Kincaid said...

Lara: This would have definitely made your coffee better. In fact, you probably could have just had the donut and nothing else.

Lisa: I think there's one in Melbourne, if you ever get up Australia way. They are quite tasty!

Kimberly said...

That's the same Krispy Kreme I went to while serving in Alexandria for 6 months! That was my first. When I came to DC last year, I went back to that glorious Krispy Kreme. They have a new sing. Glorious food.

Janet Kincaid said...

Kim: Krispy Kreme is celestial food! In fact, if I had to choose between Krispy Kreme and Cheesecake Factory, I'd choose Krispy Kreme every single time. How about you?