Saturday, December 29, 2007

Capitol Aglow

The Capitol Christmas Tree on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol

We had a nearly full moon while I was out on Christmas night taking pictures around town. This is the U.S. Capitol and its Christmas tree.

The East Coast has an ongoing Christmas Tree competition that pits the Capitol Christmas Tree, the White House Christmas Tree, and the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City against one another. It's a competition to have the most beautiful decorations, as well as be the first to light it up every year. It's a stupid competition really, because it totally misses the point of the meaning of Christmas.


Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 12/07

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

I am in love with these night shots. Even though Christmas as we celebrate it is gross, I can't imagine this picture without the tree. Beautiful night work.

Janet Kincaid said...

Bobbie: I'm glad you enjoyed this shot, too. Personally, I'm just glad they turned out as well as they did! Total beginners luck, I'm telling ya!