Friday, November 2, 2007

Motorcade

I didn't have my camera with me yesterday afternoon, but I did have my MacBook and its handy-dandy, simple software--PhotoBooth. I snapped this picture of the President's limousine going down Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House around 1:30 this afternoon. When the President travels by car, the crossroads and intersections on his route are closed. In Washington, being stuck in traffic and, by extension, being late for meetings or appointments because of a motorcade is a viable and accepted excuse around here.

The common phrase is, "Oh the President was motorcading and I got stuck on the opposite side of Pennsylvania Ave." (When it's the Vice President, it's Masschusetts Avenue through DuPont Circle and then down Connecticut. I've been stuck there before. Not fun.)

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential

No comments: