Friday, August 3, 2007

Nostalgic


Years ago, my maternal grandfather came to Virginia and lived with my mom and dad for eight months. During his extended visit, he and my dad made a set of trains--one for each grandchild and one for each of his daughters. My grandparents lived in a part of the country where the railroad was--and still is--a major feature in the life of the American West. Grandpa made a replica of a Union Pacific train that was often part of small town parades and is certainly part of the memories my siblings and I have of our grandfather.

This picture is the result of fiddling around with outside light, a piece of white poster board, and the locomotive Grandpa made for my brother that year he lived with my mom and dad. Here it is: Bangerter Special No. 7433.

No comments: