Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dancing In the Streets

Dancing Jogger Guy, Chinatown

Yesterday, while wondering through Chinatown, I came across this guy again. I've seen him before. I call him "Dancing Jogger Guy." He literally dances in circles across the crosswalks in an intersection. He'll make the rounds in an intersection for several light revolutions. He's a character and one of these days, when I see him again, I'm going to ask him why he exercises in such a unique manner.

While trying to take this picture, a young woman approached me. She was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Stop Bitching! Start a Revolution!" She was rather insistent that I buy a shirt from her and asked me if I bitch a lot. I said, "Yeah, a bit." To which she said, "Well, then stop bitching and start a revolution!"

"Okay, fine," I said. "Move out of my way! I'm trying to take a damn picture! There! Is that revolutionary enough for you?"

She moved on to the next person.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential (Janet M. Kincaid, 05/07)

No comments: